This component provides timers management for OneContact components. Redundant components (the stateless components that can be load balanced) use this component to trigger the timers in a random component node.
- Allows components to set timers. When setting a timer it’s possible to specify the due time, the period, the handler to be called upon the timer trigger and a failover handler that will be invoked when it’s not possible to invoke the handler.
- Timers can be cancelled.
- Timers due time and period can be changed.
Relations to other modules
- ServerManager, Statistics, Router, MailControl and BaseService sets timer in this component.
- Timer tracer communicates with Notifier to register for events and to receive them.
- Timer communicates with a SNMP Trap Receiver to send SNMP traps upon anomalous situations.
Performance & Scalability
- Timer scales vertically by adding CPU power and or memory.
- CPU will increase accordingly to the number of simultaneous requests made to the component as well as the number of timers being triggered at the same time.
- Memory will increase accordingly to the number of timers set.
- Can be deployed in Intel x64 or AMD machines running Windows Server 2016.
- Installed as a windows service.