This component purpose is to publish events to subscribers according to their subscriptions.
- Allows an entity to subscribe on a list of events.
- Receives events from any publisher, dispatching them to subscribed subscribers.
- Events are ordered so that missing events are easily detected, therefore upon reception of new events, Notifier must order them to be delivered in the correct order.
- The component logs information to the Performance Monitor related with the events (number of received events, missing events, time to dispatch an event and many others).
- SNMP traps are sent by the component on any error processing the events.
Relations to other modules
- Notifier stores information about subscribers and their subscriptions in Provisioning or System databases, depending on if it’s an instance or system notification.
- ServerManager, BaseService, OneSupervisor and OneAdmin components sends notifications towards Notifier.
- Notifier sends notifications targeting ServerManager, BaseService, Statistics, ListManagement, CallControl, Timer, OneMediaCompressor, MonitoringService and to all component’s tracer.
- All the components referred above subscribe in Notifier.
- Integrations using OneContact’s SDK are allowed to subscribe in Notifier and receive notifications from it.
- Notifier communicates with a SNMP Trap Receiver to send SNMP traps upon anomalous situations.
Performance & Scalability
- Notifier scales vertically by adding CPU power and or memory.
- CPU will increase accordingly to the number of simultaneous requests made to the component as well as the number of events being sent at the time.
- Memory will increase accordingly to the number of subscribers, number of subscriptions, number of active event sequencers and number of events to be sent.
- Can be deployed in Intel x64 or AMD machines running Windows Server 2016.
- Installed as a windows service.