The OneContact provisioning database stores all instance provisioning and runtime information.
- Store instance provisioning information (agents, services, teams, etc)
- Store instance runtime information
Relations to others modules
- Used by all OneContact Server components to read configurations and store runtime information.
- Used by OneSupervisor to read and write instance provisioning information.
Performance and Scalability
- Can be scaled vertically by adding CPU’s, memory and disks to SQL Server machine.
- Since there’s a provisioning database for each OneContact instance, the system can be scaled out by using several SQL Server machines.
- The CPU, memory and I/O usage is affected by the number of simultaneous agents and calls per second.
- Requires Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- There must be a Provisioning database for each OneContact instance.
There’s no dependency to other OneContact databases; it can be deployed in a separate SQL Server instance.