CallControl performs third-party call control using the SIP Back-2-Back User Agent concept.
- Act as a B2B UA performing all call operations.
- Call site handling.
- Communicates with other SIP endpoints via OneProxy.
- When media server are configured it allows operations over calls like hold, park, record, overflow, transfer.
- Persist IM calls chat history to the database.
- Report of interaction operations related with agents and interactions; The reports are fail-safe in the way that they are added to Microsoft Windows Message Queuing when the database access fails.
- Allows other components to perform operations over interactions without the need of SIP knowledge.
- SNMP traps are sent by the component on any error processing the events.
Relations to other modules
- CallControl stores its internal objects in the Provisioning and System databases; It also uses the Reporting database to report call operations.
- The component registers in Notifier to receive configuration notifications.
- BaseService is accessed to fetch component and system configurations.
- CallControl communicates with ScriptEngine to invoke operation callbacks.
- ServerManager communicates with CallControl to perform operations over interactions; operation callbacks are delivered to ServerManager.
- CallControl interacts with OneProxy using the SIP protocol.
- CallControl communicates with a SNMP Trap Receiver to send SNMP traps upon anomalous situations.
- CallControl might communicate with the Microsoft Message Queuing service on database failure while reporting interaction operations.
Performance & Scalability
- CallControl scales vertically by adding CPU power and or memory.
- CPU will increase accordingly to the number of interaction operations at a time.
- Most of CallControl’s memory is allocated statically and depends on the number of expected simultaneous sip transactions; A small portion of the memory is dynamically allocated while the call is on the system.
- Can be deployed in Intel x64 or AMD machines running Windows Server 2016.
- Installed as a windows service.