After installing PRTG Network Monitoring:
- Access the web interface, to start building your monitoring system.
Note: PRTG will bind the web interface to port 8080, so you can access it through http://127.0.0.1:8080/index.htm, with the following information:
- Login Name: prtgadmin
- Password: prtgadmin
- After entering the portal, access the Configuration Menu, and click on Run Configuration Guru:
- Access the Configure Administrator Account and set a new password for the admin account. Click Save & Next to apply changes and proceed.
Note: You can edit the login name, the display name, the email account for the admin user and change the password.
- Enter an AD domain name (if there is an Active Directory) and the administrator username and password to be used by the WMI.
Note: Since some sensors use WMI to get the device performance counters, PRTG needs to have administrative rights.
- Configure the SNMP Credentials, to capture the SNMP traps sent by OneContact. On the SNMP Credentials menu, use customized settings by selecting the “Yes, I need to enter my own settings” and the change the SNMP Version to v1 (the version used by OneContact). Click Save & Next to apply changes and proceed.