The address book contains the following entities:
- Agents – All the agents in the contact center.
- Services – All the services in the contact center, with all the different DNIS.
- Supervisors – All the supervisors in the contact center.
The address book is organized by contact (as opposed to by address), meaning that a contact may have several addresses. For each contact there’s the following fields:
- Photo (optional)
- Groups: Favorites, Frequent, Others
- Relationships (Colleagues, i.e. agents; Supervisors; Services; Clients)
- Source (Agent, Service, Exchange, Contact Management)
- Address List
- Address Media (Phone, Email, IM, Facebook, Twitter)
- Address Type (Mobile, Home, Business, Other).
The address book is searchable by name and address. You can mark contacts as favorites. The system automatically classifies contacts as frequent based on their usage. The contacts can be organized (tree) by favorites/others, group, source, address media and address type.
The book control is always visible. When there’s no active interaction, the control will be expanded. When there’s an interaction, the address will be adjusted to a smaller size or totally collapsed, depending on the available space.
The address book has an input field to search for, and start, interactions:
The book is filtered as you enter a name or number in the input box. Once your address is found, its details are shown and you can start an interaction. If the contact has several addresses, the first one will be used; by default, unless an email address is entered or the contact only has an email address, the button makes a voice call.
A service and an agent are found below for new:
In the example below, clicking Show dial options refines the search, where you can specify service and outgoing address. In the example below, Agent yields:
Select a contact to see its details and start an interaction. When the address input doesn’t match any of the items in the address book, a new, virtual entry appears so that you can start a new interaction.
When a call has been established, the buttons are replaced with the extend and blind transfer buttons.