A routing profile is a set of routing decisions to be applied to multiple extensions depending on either their current routing state or predefined conditions. The possible routing decisions are available:
- Always: A static routing decision that is always applied. It is possible to define routing exceptions in this unconditional routing decision.
- Busy: A routing decision applied when the routing state is busy. In this state, a call can be forward to a waiting queue or to any other number.
- Fail: A routing decision applied when the routing state is fail, i.e., the extension doesn’t acknowledge the request in a predefined time period, or is unavailable.
- Schedule: A routing decision applied when the current time falls within a specified schedule. The routing profile schedule can have one or multiple time periods, each with its own routing destination.
- Timeout: A routing decision applied when the extension doesn’t answer the call within a set time period.
Example: A routing profile named after hours is applied to all Collab's R&D extensions, ruling that calls are routed to Collab Support Department during non-working hours.
If you want to know more about some of the concepts on this article, click here.